How to Replace Your Mazda’s Side Mirror
A bunch of problems can arise from having a broken side mirror. For instance, your view gets distorted and may affect your safety on the road. Depending on which state you’re in, you may also get a ticket and/or a fine. A broken side mirror is a car problem that needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.
The good news is that you can buy an OEM replacement side mirror assembly specifically designed for your Mazda. This step-by-step tutorial will walk you though fixing the mirror. This project will take one to three hours depending on your experience. But, it’s generally cheaper than having a Mazda dealer replace it for you.
Buying an OEM Replacement Mirror Assembly
Mazda offers a variety of replacement mirror assemblies. Some have more features than others (such as heated mirrors and blind spot monitors). You can walk into a Mazda dealer and purchase an OEM replacement mirror. Or you can get one at wholesale pricing from a reputable online seller like RealMazdaParts.com. To see what’s available for your year model, do a search here and chose the mirror that suits your needs.
Here’s a list of our best-selling replacement mirror assemblies:
- 2013-2014 CX-5: Part No. KD33-69-181K
- 2015-2016 CX-5: Part No. KR24-69-121A
- 2006-2015 MX-5 Miata: Part No. NE51-69-120K-74
- 2014-2016 Model 3: Part No. BHP3-69-181E / Part No. BJD5-69-121F
What You’ll Need Before Getting Started
- An OEM replacement mirror assembly.
- An appropriately-sized socket wrench (most likely 8mm).
- A pair of gloves (if your mirror glass is broken, we strongly recommend wearing gloves when removing the mirror).
- Masking tape (to tape up the broken mirror as a safety precaution).
Replacing the Side Mirror
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Go inside your vehicle and remove the tweeter panel that's directly opposite the broken side mirror.
- Unplug the power mirror wiring harness.
- Unfasten the three bolts and gently remove the old mirror from the body of the vehicle.
- Install the new mirror assembly in the reverse order of removal.
That’s all! If you have any questions about the process, or if you need help selecting the right replacement side mirror for your Mazda, please contact us.